Sunday, December 28, 2008

In His timing and for His glory

Life goes so fast that I don't often stop in the moment and praise God for today. Life goes so fast that often I forget where I used to be and forget how God has been true and merciful to me. How can I say no to Him and struggle often with trusting His will for my life over my own will. I have gotten myelf into so much trouble and heartache to only have Him carry me out, straighten me up and love me with discipline. Today is a day that I am grateful for and a day that only He got me to. Today, December 28th, 2008 I have 4 years of recovery. 4 years of freedom from an eating disorder. I can't believe that it has been 4 because it only seems like yesterday honestly.

Lord, the words I first spoke to you when you came into my life were, "prove to me your real. prove to me that you won't ever leave me. prove to me that you love me." As ignorant as I was you knew exactly where I was and exactly where I was going and what I needed. As I was in the hospital laying in that bed crying for you years later, once again you told me, "I'll always be here. Yesterday. Today. and Tomorrow." And here we are 4 years later. Jesus, you are my life, my love, my hope, and my future. Lord, these are the things I praise you for. Things that I give you glory. Here are the past 4 years.

* Dec. 28th, 2004- Entered the hospital
* Accepted to Sam Houston State University
* 2 nephews
* ART
* Student teaching
* Graduating college
* Got off all medications
* I can sleep on my own!
* I'm healthy
* became a Teacher
* no more anxiety attacks
* Caroline
* Janet
* Jacob came home from the Marines. a prayer answered
* Houston
* First Baptist Church
* Friends
* Trust
* apartment
* Financial stability. Praise you father!
* emotions
*family
* 4 stinkin years of recovery!

You are my strength!

3 comments:

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

This is incredible, Katherine. Good For You! I am so proud of you and what you have come out of the past four years. I have someone close to me who has struggled with eating disorder(s), and it hurts me so much to see her wasting away. She too is on medication for other reasons, but I feel like it's all related. She has built a relationship with God this past year, but she continues to let her body fade away. Thank you for sharing your story with us. What a special blessing came out of your hospital stay. I am so happy to know you and to know you have beaten this disorder that can hurt you and those you love so much. May 2009 be a wonderful year of blessings for you!

Anonymous said...

Was reading the scriptures that siestas are memorizing from LPL blog, and clicked into yours. Go GOD!!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for answering my question! Come to think of it, I knew what a spork was, but I didn't think of it because I thought it had something to do with potty training!