Sunday, February 8, 2009

be gentle

Lord, I give you my heart.
Lord, I want to yearn for you. I want to burn with passion over you and only you. As I listen to these beautiful words that are sung by Shane & Shane, I can only bend on my knees with my arms open. Not closed fisted holding onto the things that are false hopes and false truths. I've tried to pry open my clinched fists and let go of the one thing that keeps all secrets, sees no light and fears of vulnerability, my heart. Lord, you gave me this vision late last night as tears ran down my cheeks. God, I give you my heart. Lord, I'm scared to death, not knowing what you'll ask of me. Lord, please be gentle as I try and surrender these hurts and scars that I've only believed would actually keep me safe. I thought they would remind me every time I get close to making a friend that I shouldn't get too close. Because I don't want to ever go through that abuse again. Lord, I believed that if I only gave people a tiny part of me, the part that showed I was tough and could handle anything, I would not be taken advantage of. Lord, no one else can touch my heart like you do. No relationship, eating disorder, money, daddies, or job can touch my heart like you do. Lord, you are enough for me. You are my all in all. You are my hope, love, and strength. Lord, I want to do your will even if that means doing it with fear. Thank you for giving me the strength to sign up for China, Lord. Missions have been something I know you have called me to from day one but also something I have been running from. Lord, you’re going to run this race with me and I am beyond excited. I secretly do a happy dance.

Lord, I mentioned to someone that I was tough. I had attitude. I'm really not a soft, sensitive person. I grew up with mean brothers and a dad who was a cop. I had a chilly bowl hair cut till I was in high school so I had to be tough if you know what I mean. But now I cry and I'm emotional. I'm a girl now and not a tom-boy. What I was, was a little girl in need of her heavenly father. I laughed and said that I have no clue what was wrong with me because I used to never cry. I just didn't know how. My friend responded that you Lord have softened my heart. You have indeed Lord. You have indeed. I must admit I'm a softy now. :0)

God, I pray for China. I pray for the people we will come across that you prepare their hearts now Lord. Open their eyes to your ways. Your ways that will bring them life and hope. Ways that will make them a softy like you have made me. Lord, I pray for the group as we prepare, that you give us wisdom and discernment. That you would give us a discerning heart to govern your people and to distinguish between right and wrong. - 1kings 3:9 God, I pray that you push me farther than I’m comfortable with. And when I begin to turn back and run, be there with open arms that will hold me and push me back out.

Lord, I'm giving you my heart. Lord, lure me and pursue me. Walk close beside me. My hands are now freed able to cling onto you. I lift them up to you washed and clean because you father loved me first and washed them clean with your blood on the cross. I'm undeserving, God yet you continue to show me mercy and your grace pours down on me. Praise you father. Praise you.



Lord, I give you my heart.

No comments: